Little Tiger reopened to in-person learning for the Fall 2020 semester with extensive COVID-19 risk reduction strategies in place. These layered measures are based on the guidance of medical experts and publications such as Harvard University’s “Schools for Health: Risk Reduction Strategies for Reopening Schools.” Our approach also reflects the priorities of our teaching staff and our thoughtful, engaged, and supportive parent community.
Our Safety Measures
- Low-risk community guidelines
- Island cohorts w/ low ratios
- 100% masking (students + teachers)
- Classroom ventilation (open doors + windows)
- Two HEPA air cleaners per room
- CO2 monitoring of indoor air
- Outdoor classrooms
- Onsite Abbott BinaxNOW rapid testing
- Daily screening at drop-off
- Hygiene and hand washing
- Staggered drop-off and pick-up times
- Restricted campus access
- Intensified cleaning and disinfecting
- No shoes inside
Remote Learning & Live Classroom
While we are advocates of safe in-person learning, our teaching team is also highly adept at remote learning. Should a return to remote learning be necessary, either briefly or over a longer period of time, our teaching team is prepared to navigate that transition seamlessly in order to ensure continuity of learning.
We are also equipped to offer hybrids of in-person and online learning. Each of our classroom spaces has a Live Classroom setup, which allows in-person and remote students to receive the same interactive lesson simultaneously. We don’t usually emphasize technology in young children’s classrooms, but in the current context, our Live Classroom setups can be a very valuable tool for keeping students and staff connected anytime a family needs to learn from home.